Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O.

Default Another shop comfort: Sound

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 05:25:30 -0500, Robatoy
wrote:

Bosch makes one, Milwaukee makes one, DeWalt makes one and I have seen
others. None jump out at me. The Milwaukee sounded a bit better, but no
CD, CDR or MP3. Bosch scored points, big time, when I found a video of
them literally kicking the **** out that radio, throwing it down
concrete stairs, no less.... but anemic sound---no balls.
Those job-site radios have stuff in them I don't need, GFI plugs and
chargers, work lights and a 12-pocket tool pouch. *G*

So help me out here, folks.... please

In the garage at home, I have a used $30 Ebay bookshelf style stereo.
The speakers are hung on the wall about 12' apart. The box is AM, FM,
cassette and CD/mp3. I bought it for the CD changer but rarely use
it. The whole unit is mounted high enough on the wall that it
doesn't interfere with anything so the remote is a very handy feature.

On the job I rarely use a radio unless I'm doing something that
doesn't require much thinking or if there's a Chiefs or KU game on. In
those cases I use a small walkman FM radio with earbuds.

I've worked around a lot of guys using the various portable job site
radios. I'd say 80% are the Dewalt but I think that's just because
they were the first ones around. They sound okay and are sure
portable enough to move around. Everytime I see one I have the urge
to toss it down the stairs to see if the commercials are true.:-)

Mike O.