GTO69RA4

Default Lotta tool gloatin'

A little sawmill in town closed down last week and the guy had a moving sale.
Lots of vintage stationary woodworking tools, a recent import mill, and lots of
old hand tools and assorted junk. Most of that stuff sadly probably didn't sell
and has been scrapped, but I bought what I needed and could afford:

Rockwell 11-120 11" benchtop drill press, made during 12/50
Greenerd No. 1 arbor press with some kind of odd slanted fixture/die
Great big B&D Industrial 7" 15A angle grinder
New-looking '70s Poulan Super 25DA chainsaw, back when they were pro tree
models

All for the princely sum of $100. I think I did pretty well. I actually had
been looking for a decent drill press locally for years. This old Rockwell is
tighter than my 2-year-old Chiwanistan model. And on the same day I got the
Rockwell, I also picked up an old Dunlap (by Atlas) DP of similar size. When it
rains, it pours.

Partial restoration in progress with the Rockwell--pics and reports to follow.
(forgive me, but I know a lot of folks like reading tool adventures)

GTO(John)