Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary Brady

Default Kind of OT--- How do you measure the drum capacity of a cementmixer?

wrote:
I have a freshly painted and tuned cement mixer I want to sell but I
don't know how to accurately describe it. I see mixers offered as 1/2
sack mixers, etc. but how is the capacity computed. The drum on mine
would probably hold a quarter yard of cement at water level but I don't
think the 5 HP Briggs & Straton would turn it if the bearing held up.
Leigh at MarMachine

I think you're confusing a concrete mixer with a cement mixer. The
mixer you have is most likley for bricklayers or plasters. A concrete
mixer, even a small one, would be much larger. Sorry, don't know how to
size it.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX