Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Impact Drivers

In article ,
Mark wrote:
Of course Screwfix may mean something else - if so a reference would
help.

I've got a 12 volt one which runs off the car battery. Can be useful
for some things, although it's really meant for loosening wheel nuts
after Kwik-Fit have been at them with their air tool set on kill.
Didn't cost anything like 250 quid, though.

NO. what you have is a 12v cigar lighter plug-in one of these
http://tinyurl.com/8a45q
A different tool completely, this is called an Impact Wrench.

Which is what I have, but without the cigar lighter plug. It's an impact
wrench. If you hadn't snipped the text that would be clear. Here's the bit
I was referring to.

******************

From: Roger
Subject: Impact Drivers
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:05
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y

Of course Screwfix may mean something else - if so a reference would help.

They do. Page 634/635 of the current catalogue. Not indexed - Impact
wrenches were which is how I found them.

********************

I'm not interested in what Screwfix call things - I'm quite clear what an
impact driver and impact wrench are.

Notice the 1/2 square drive. the small battery Impact Drivers have a 1/4
_HEX_ drive to take a driver bit.

Then they should find a new name for it.

FFS even Drivel know more about this then you.

You appear to know little about common tools too.

--
*Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.