Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Default Impact Drivers

Harry Bloomfield typed:

brought next idea :
I see these in the Screwfix catalogue, Impact Drivers. Anyone know
what that is? Does the drill hammer? Is it just a drill/driver
without a chuck? What is the advantage? Also, Drywall Drivers, also
in Screwfix, what do they do over a drill/driver? If a tool can save
me time, effort and produces a better quality job, then I am always
interested.

It is a screwdriver for tightening and loosening extremely tight
screws, often used in engineering and mechanical trades.

Its not In this case..
Cordless impact drivers have been used in the construction industry for
years, primarily for erecting steel stud wall or anything that required
large screws driven into a hard materiel quickly, a conventional
drill/driver is next to useless in comparison.

-