Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Impact Drivers

"Matt" aka Lord Hall wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:50:50 GMT, "mrcheerful
." wrote:

The impact driver you mean (I believe) is the sort used commonly for

undoing
door hinge screws on cars etc. A better alternative for those is the air
chisel mounted screwdriver. Snap on sell them and they are amazing at
removing even the most horribly rusted in screw (and very cheap!).

My local snap-on rep, even when totally desperate for a sale would
never refer to any of their products as very cheap :-)

The only thing that is cheap is their free catalogue, but that
ultimately leads sane men astray down the road of ever increasing
expensive shiny things in their toolboxes!

Lord Hall, good tools, but way over the top in price.