Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Impact Drivers

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On 30 Nov 2005 08:59:19 -0800, wrote:

mrcheerful
. wrote:

Impact screwdrivers are the business, there are now cheap ones

available,
but I haven't tried a cheapy, my one is an ELU that machine mart were
selling so cheap it was ridiculous, I wish I had bought several, but at

the
time I didn't realise really what they did!

You need one if you do more than a very occasional diy job.

I've never needed one, as every time I need one, I always find a way
around it, using screwdriver bits held in a 3/8" adaptor, tapping +
plus gas + a lot of pressure.

Since then i've also bought an air impact wrench.

That's not to say a manual one wouldn't be useful though to a self
confessed tool-a-holic.

Cheers

Paul.

Nothing wrong with being a tool-a-holic, Paul. Acknowledging it in
public is the first step to a cure :-) Every day and every way
etc....

Matt , is that what they told you on your course?