Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
LurfysMa

Default Retractable awnings

Has anyone had any experience with retractable awnings?

We are enclosing a second-floor balcony which faces south. It gets
pretty much constant sun from about 10:00 am until 5:00 pm. We are
considering putting a retractable awning over the large bay window.

Can anyone recommend a good brand and a good vendor?

Also, are these things durable? I don't mind paying for quality, but I
don't want to put up something that will look like junk in a year or
two.

Do they have mechanical problems?

Does the fabric fade and need to be replaced? How often?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

--
For email, use