Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Doug Kanter

Default Retractable awnings

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
Has anyone had any experience with retractable awnings?

We are enclosing a second-floor balcony which faces south. It gets
pretty much constant sun from about 10:00 am until 5:00 pm. We are
considering putting a retractable awning over the large bay window.

Can anyone recommend a good brand and a good vendor?

Also, are these things durable? I don't mind paying for quality, but I
don't want to put up something that will look like junk in a year or
two.

Do they have mechanical problems?

Does the fabric fade and need to be replaced? How often?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I'd look for businesses that have them, and get
recommendations/comments/warnings from them.