Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Wiring 3 way switches for detatched garage lights

On 30 Nov 2005 06:51:05 -0800, wrote:

So I am using the ground from the house instead of the garage? No
issues with that?

The load is in the garage. This sounds like it might work for me...any
NEC issues?

Reguardless of where you end up grounding, you can drive the switches
with seven insulated conductors, and one bare/green, for a total of
8 wires between buildings.

See
www.goedjn.com/sketch/3x3.gif for a schematic.

If the supply line originates in the house, use the top
layout, with the one nuetral(white). If the supply line
originates in the garage, use the bottom layout, in which
case that last conductor becomes a supply line, and
should be colored.

If the three switches in the house are in different boxes,
then you'll end up with a useless white wire between the
three switch-boxes.

--Goedjn