Posted to rec.woodworking
arw01

Default How to undo a Titebond III joint.

High heat will cause the glue to fail and you can take it apart.

I saw this in action at a Cosman hand tool class, A french chest was
mis-glued which caused it to rack. A few mintues with two heat guns
and the glue allowed the piece to be removed and reclamped with fresh
glue.

Rob also told us a story of a piece that was in a gallery window with
no ventilation which came apart from lamination tensions.

SO if the drum is small enough to fit into the oven, I'd try about 140
degrees or so for just a few minutes.

Alan