Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan Jefferson

Default Another shop comfort: Sound

"Don Dando" wrote in message
om...
The Kansas City market does not support "Easy Listening" stations. I have
stereo receiver in my shop with 4 ceiling mounted 10 speakers. I
subscribe
to XM Radio and my receiver transmits on any of several frequencies on the
FM Broadcast band and has enough power to cover my house and detached
garage
that is about 50 ft from the house. I then have Channel 24 easy listening
music at any radio or stereo receiver in the house or shop and really
enjoy
it.

I have a used cd walkman, power is 2 AA batteries, connected line out to a
set of old computer speakers powered by an ac adapter.
I burn my music from computer to disc and use the discs in the shop. This
way I can listen to what I want.

Dan J