Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave, I can't do that

Default softening nylon 6/6

Hi John,

A microwavew willnot work as there is not enough moisture in the nylon.

If boiling water doesn't work, I used to bend some plastic by using
boiling antifreeze. It has a much higher boiling point than water. I
used to make bell mouth intakes for cars using PVC pipe.

I turned up a inverse bell-mouth spindle, heated the pastic for about 2
minutes and pushed it over the spindle, let it cool a bit. Worked a
treat.

Nylon is also quite hygroscopic so boiling it may actually make your
problem worse as the nylon may absorb water and get bigger. I belive
Nylon-66 is much less prone to absorbtion, if you know whatgrade you
have.

Dave