Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Darron R. Birgenheier

Default Wanted: Clausing 5900 series lathe part

Based on the parts list from April 1 1998, it is not stocked, or
at least was not at that time.

Thanks for all the responses. I have contacted a few dealers, and am
awaiting

I may end up trying to repair the broken off end, though I don't have
the parts that are missing. Problem is, I need a lathe to make the
missing knob parts, and this, my only lathe, won't feed without the
missing parts. I suppose I can feed manually to make the part, and hope for
the best.

I called Clausing, and they do have the lever. They call the cast-iron
lever the "tumbler bracket", part number 041-253. The price is $171.42.
The "tumbler knob assembly" is part # 4900-25. I didn't get the price
on that. It's nice that they still support these old machines, but
ouch. I paid $600 for the whole lathe, in good shape, with some
tooling. The vari-speed drive is even in great condition.

The worst part is, I have seen the exact part I need on eBay, at least
once. But I was too distracted to actually place a winning bid.

Darron