Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Loud bang to pipes when clothes washer stops filling

Duane Bozarth wrote:
wrote:

When the washer was new I don't remember it being as bad as it is now.
I installed the hammer arrestors to the hot and cold lines behind the
washer. They did nothing to solve the problem.

Maybe your pressure reducing valve has failed so you have a higher line
pressure than before? Or, the water utility has reworked a district
supply pump and raised system pressure?

I've been listening to when the supply lines get hammered and it comes
at the end of the drain cycle, not at the end of the fill cycle.
Sounds more like the timer than the water valve.

Peter