Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
jd

Default Segment turning WOW!

Wow Art, thats pretty amazing stuff.

Gotta question though:

It looks like you through bolted the plywood plate the lathe faceplate. I've
been using a similar method, but I always get the willies when I'm turning
something big with such a small connection point to the lathe. Enough so
that I've actually been considering prying open the wallet and buying a few
larger faceplates....

I guess my question (and this is for the whole group) is: from a practical
approach, is there really any reason to go with a bigger metal faceplate, or
is the strength provided by the little one being mounted to a decent hunk
of stock good enough?

thanks
-_JD

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
Art Ransom wrote:
My latest segmented turning
http://turningaround.org/31inColumnBases.htm

Whoa mama! Those bowls gonna hold a lotta soup! g

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb