Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan

Default Another shop comfort: Sound

I do what JT does in the sound department. I just have an old used
radio that I put on a shelf. I don't have it turned up very loud.
When I start a machine, the music gets drowned out, as it should. I
want to hear what is happening when I am cutting, routing, drilling,
etc, not what is on the radio.

Make more sawdust,

Woodworkerdan
Dan Harriman
Orange, Texas

(J T) wrote in
:

Wed, Nov 30, 2005, 5:25am
(Robatoy)
burbled:
snip I would like some input for a durable boombox-type solution.
What
are you guys using? snip

You've got to be joking, right? I go to my shop to relax.
Sometimes I even do some woodworking out there. It's a small
shop, but I've got the perfect sound setup. It's a small, used,
portable radio, hanging off a nail,
snip.....

As far as I'm concerned, it's a perfect
sound "system" for my shop.