Posted to rec.woodworking
Wes Stewart

Default Another shop comfort: Sound

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 05:25:30 -0500, Robatoy
wrote:

We have talked heating, lighting, storage, flooring for shops, and now I
would like some input for a durable boombox-type solution.
What are you guys using?

My receiver used to be in my wife's PU truck. It had tape instead of a
CD player so I found a CD version on ebay and swapped them. It sits
on top of the beer fridge and is powered by a 12V supply I already
had.

The speakers are a pair of old 10" Fishers that came with a packaged
"hi-fi" rack system many years ago. They were in the living room
before we spent $6K on an Ethan Allen entertainment center that isn't
going to hold a modern wide-screen TV when the US Gummit forces the
changeover to DTV that I won't be able to receive in my fringe
location.