Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,uk.d-i-y,sci.engr.lighting
Victor Roberts

Default UK question: ES light bulb better than bayonet?

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:24:19 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
wrote:

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Victor Roberts wrote:

I haven't seen a Hungarian GE CFL in years. Haven't looked at anything
other than their mass-market consumer line, but it's been at least five
years since I saw any such a lamp made anywhere other than China.

I retired from GE less than 5 years ago and their CFL factory in
Nagykanizsa was very healthy. You may be looking at consumer grade
spiral lamps, which I believe are mostly sourced from China.

Yep, all the spiral lamps, but also the (consumer-market) pin-base units
I've seen in the last 5 years or so have been Chinese.

I just returned from our local hardware store in the tiny
village of Burnt Hills in upstate NY. They sell GE CFLs in
individual blister packs designed to be hung from display
hooks, so they are mote definitely consumer products. The GE
screw-base triple-BIAX and the screw-base A-line CFL are
marked Made in Hungary. The GE screw-base globe lamp was
marked Made in China.

--
Vic Roberts
http://www.RobertsResearchInc.com

This information is provided for educational purposes only.
It may not be used in any publication or posted on any Web
site without written permission.