Posted to alt.home.repair
evodawg

Default Bathroom remodeling advice needed

RicodJour wrote:

evodawg wrote:
dk wrote:

I having my bathroom re-tiled and repainted. The re-tiling involves
the demolition of the current tile and from what I've been told will
cause a lot of mess. If I paint before I'm thinking that I'll have my
newly
painted walls covered with dust. If I paint after I risk spills on my
new tile? Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm a remodel contractor and I always paint first. Any grout or thinset
can be wiped off with water and sponge same goes for dust. I don't like
spending the time masking and covering. Touch up is easy and fast. The
time it takes masking you'd be done painting.

The OP is having the tile demoed, which means that the substrate
(backerboard or drywall) will be coming out, too. How do you paint up
to an edge that's being removed?

You paint it when it's been replaced. Come on

I'd agree with the painting first if it was something like hanging some
cabinets where the touch-ups would be minimal, but removing tile will
require more than just a touch-up.

If your doing a tear out then you are replacing it with something, Right?

--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"