Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default My new TV has 3 dead pixels...

clifto wrote:
James Sweet wrote:

Odd, I've never seen dead pixels on a CRT, must be some debris in the
shadow mask, or holes that didn't get fully etched.

My current set has two; one appears to be missing its phosphor, the other
is hard to see.

I got a service call years ago to replace a CRT on a brand-new set. This
one had one missing phosphor dot, *right in the center*. Any time a
person's face was in the middle of the screen, this pixel was a spot on
the person's nose.

That one sounds like screen burn, I've seen it a few times when
deflection stopped but the beam was not killed immediately for one
reason or another.