Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default ionic breeze ion transformer diode

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
"HarryHydro" writes:

Hi! Thanks for the reply! I'd think one of those diode are too slow
and leaky to rectify this 10kHz or so. Probably too-low voltage, too.
Maybe a Television flyback diode?

Yes, a TV or monitor flyback rectifier, if you can find one.

However, I assume there are high frequency microwave oven HV rectifiers - used
in inverter-type microwave oven power supplies.

You know, actually I've used microwave oven diodes with high frequency
and amazingly enough they worked great. I built a replacement doubler
for an old Electrohome vector monitor, actually I've made several of
them now using a 10kV capacitor and a pair of microwave diodes, IIRC it
runs about 20 KHz. Those diodes are rated 12 KV and seem to be very
robust, only a few dollars too.