Roy Hauer

Default vertical bandsaw question

I am not familiar with the W/T bandsaw, but if the table tilts it will
need room for the insert clearance when its tilted. Why could you not
drill a hole at the innermost ppoint the blade will be, and then use
the saw to make the two paralell cuts to finish off the slot.

\
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:27:40 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

x-On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:27:05 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:
x-
x-I picked up a Walker Turner 14" bandsaw years ago and it has been
x-a project ever since. I have done a lot of work on almost every
x-part of the saw. I had never gotten it running but today I did and
x-took a nice smooth quiet cut through some 3/8" steel plate. That's
x-what I'm talkin' about ..
x-
x-Anyway, this thing came without the little insert that goes in the
x-hole in the table. It isn't too hard to figure out how to make the
x-part that goes in there, but I'm wondering about the slot.
x-
x-Many bandsaw blades are about .025" thick. How wide should the slot
x-in the insert be? Also, I figure I'll wind up using a slitting saw
x-to make the cut - does anyone have a good idea how to hold this
x-part for slitting? It's a disc of steel about 2" in diameter and
x-about 0.200" thick ..
x-
x-Grant Erwin
x-Kirkland, Washington
x-
x-Grant, I just went out and measured my WT 16", and the slot is .30
x-wide. Remember that many of thes saws are used to cut close radius
x-with the 1/4" blades and they will indeed twist.
x-
x-Gunner
x-
x-"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs

--
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com