Rettgerinc

Default Two Stage Comperssors

Hello Men,

I am interested in a very nice two stage compressor.
It was built with parts from a variety of sorces.
I forget where the 80 gallon tank was purchased but it is an very old one
with the cast iron plates fastened to the top that the motor and head are
mounted to.

The motor and compressor were purchased from a Montgomery Ward Store many years
ago.
The motor is a single phase, 25amp, 5HP unit with a 1-1/8" output shaft.

Then my big question is with the two stage head.(also from MontWard)(so says
the man); the numbers on the head are as follows and I wonder if anybody knows
how to determine the SCFM and PSI from the numbers

one set is -------- H25.8B
second set is ------------ 75-6-6515 R

I sure would like to hear from you and determin if I should consider this above
mentioned unit or go with the Ingersol Rand that puts out the
15SCFM @ 90psi

Thanks,

Dean Pittsburgh, PA