Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Default Wiring 3 way switches for detatched garage lights

No insult taken, I posted to learn. Your right on the THWN, and most
THHN is also rated as THWN (which mine is). Interestingly I do have a
building permit and the electrical inspector is the one who showed me
the code on being able to run 2-2-4AL with a grounding rod at the
garage. My original intent was 2-2-2-4AL, but he convinced me
otherwise and showed me the code which supported it (no metal pipes
shared between buildings)

I could be mistaken, but you mentioned the ground wire should be white?
I thought that it should always be green if possible.?