Gunner

Default vertical bandsaw question

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:27:05 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

I picked up a Walker Turner 14" bandsaw years ago and it has been
a project ever since. I have done a lot of work on almost every
part of the saw. I had never gotten it running but today I did and
took a nice smooth quiet cut through some 3/8" steel plate. That's
what I'm talkin' about ..

Anyway, this thing came without the little insert that goes in the
hole in the table. It isn't too hard to figure out how to make the
part that goes in there, but I'm wondering about the slot.

Many bandsaw blades are about .025" thick. How wide should the slot
in the insert be? Also, I figure I'll wind up using a slitting saw
to make the cut - does anyone have a good idea how to hold this
part for slitting? It's a disc of steel about 2" in diameter and
about 0.200" thick ..

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington

Grant, I just went out and measured my WT 16", and the slot is .30
wide. Remember that many of thes saws are used to cut close radius
with the 1/4" blades and they will indeed twist.

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs