Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

Default My new TV has 3 dead pixels...

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:01:20 GMT, "Matthew Long" wrote:

One other thing I have noticed with my new TV is when viewing pictures, it
looks fine. But, if a light image comes into the picture, the whole screen
seems to darken down a touch. Not a lot, but if you're watching a moving
picture where something light is coming in and out of the picture fast (Like
someone walking down a corridor), the whole screen has a slight flickering
effect. Also, pressing the TV info button, to get the information banner up,
the sane thing happens. Like I said, it's very slight, but once you notice
it, it's annoying! Any ideas? It's something I can easily live with, but
I've not seen it on previous TV's I've had in the past!

Matthew Long

How high is the contrast/picture set? Most TVs come from the store
with it set to maximum. At this setting, bright objects will overload
the power supply and cause the picture to dim, bend, or become blurry.
40-60% of maximum is usually about right. The TV will also last
longer with the picture at a reasonable level.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005