Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default Well, I put the trash can separator on top of the DC!

"Mike" wrote in message
ups.com...

Toller wrote:
I asked if this was a good idea, but got no replies. Possibly you
thought
it was so silly that it had to be a troll, but I prefer to think that it
is
so progressive that no one could even visualize it.

I went ahead and did it.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/DC.jpg

Interesting idea. Is there a 5" to 4" reducer before the separator
lid? The lids I've seen are all designed for 4" ducting.

Unfortunately, yes, there is a reducer. Perhaps the pressure reduction that
drops the stuff out works better coming from a 4".

It is strong enough that I can sit on it, and I weigh a bit more than a
trashcan half full of wood chips.
Yeh, it has two right angle bends, but they are both in 5" pipe.

While you are there, my fine workmanship (well, maybe not as fine as the
trashcan on top of the dust collector) is at
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/. I've only been at this 2 years...

Nice work. And if you got that far in 2 years, then excellent work.

Thank you.