Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Grant Erwin

Default cost of welding gas?

Emmo wrote:

Are you still figuring the bid on that 3'x3' cube project? How did that
work out??

The project wasn't actually a 3x3' cube. I just posed that as an ubersimple
design that anyone could comprehend with no drawings, to learn how you guys do
bidding. I figured it one way, then I figured the number of inches of weld and
cost it out the other way, they were within about 2%. I didn't get the job but
it wasn't because of my numbers, I couldn't store the customer's jig long-term
since my shop is in my house and my shop is too small so it would have to sit
outside, and in the town where I live this would result in losing my business
license.

I did learn a lot by bidding the job, though.

Grant