Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Electric cars.

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:10:43 GMT, gtl wrote:

.. .

I thought I would start a new thread..because having found the data on the
Tzero, it bears a bit more discussion.

http://www.acpropulsion.com/ACP_Bib_results.pdf

They got - at an average speed of 50mph - a figure of 217Wh per mile

Now I accept that they were probably driving in the sort of way that those
idiots trying to 60mpg out of skoda diesels drive..but its still a data
point.

Oh I nearly fell asleep after reading that message. Can you get to the
point in a few lines ?
Stick to a diesel car, far more economical than running an electric one.

The point is, theres nothing to choose between them until you end up with
nio fossil fuel, when te electric has a huge advantage efficiency wise,