Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Help determing heating needs for my house.

wrote:
Hi,

I want to change my heating source from electric to either wood or
pellet.

I've been looking around for stoves and there are different kinds.

On the specs they all have a btu amount which I believe is the max
heat output the stove will do.

My question is, how do I calculate the amount of heat needed for my
house to run an efficient stove?

If you are looking to save money, don't assume it will be cheaper to
heat with wood or pellets. For most people it will be more expensive unless
they have a source of very cheap or free fuel.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit