John Flanagan

Default 8 Murdered, 45 critically injured in LA Spree (what a moron)

On 20 Jul 2003 21:14:18 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article ,
says...

All things have a cause and an accident happens only because of our
ignorance or neglect and is therefore "preventable".

Well, mostly. Look up Peekskill and meteorite if you
get a chance.

If I had been bopped on the head while riding to work,
would that be a true accident?

Not if you believe in an omnipotent God :^). But I was mostly
refering to the "accidents" humans cause. Of course if you don't
believe in an omnipototent God then free will is merely an illusion
and no "accidents" are preventable, they had to happen.

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.