Louis Boyd

Default 8 Murdered, 45 critically injured in LA Spree

Gunner wrote:

When Im no longer able to safely navigate 5000 lbs+ of hurtling metal
rubber and glass down the road, I will sadly but willingly give up my
keys. Shrug, its a fact of life that each of us have to bear. I no
longer rock climb, race motorcycles or rodeo. Age takes it toll. I
regret not being able to climb up on the back of a bull and holler for
the gate, miss it terribly, but those days are long gone. Shrug. Im
realistic about it.

Gunner

The problem with high powered equipment which take skill but not much
physical strength to operate is knowing when one is too far "over the
hill" to use it safely. Old farts quit listening to their well
intentioned friends, spouses, and co-workers who may be suggesting to
give it up. It may not be at all obvious to someone in a declining
health (mental and/or physical) that anything is wrong. That certainly
includes operating automobile, construction machinery, machine tools,
firearms, and even computer keyboards.
--
Lou Boyd