Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Electric cars.

"gtl" wrote in message

.. .

I thought I would start a new thread..because having found the data on

the
Tzero, it bears a bit more discussion.

http://www.acpropulsion.com/ACP_Bib_results.pdf

They got - at an average speed of 50mph - a figure of 217Wh per mile

Now I accept that they were probably driving in the sort of way that

those
idiots trying to 60mpg out of skoda diesels drive..but its still a data
point.

Oh I nearly fell asleep after reading that message. Can you get to the
point in a few lines ?
Stick to a diesel car, far more economical than running an electric one.

Don't underestimate electric vehicles. Batteries have come a long way, and
the laest technology has no relatio to the outdated lead/acid battery in
your car. In addition to the extened range, Toshiba recently announced
Lithium batteries that can charge to 80% in one minute, and fully charge in
5. Electricity is a way more efficient way of generating motion than petrol
or derv. Using petrol or derv to make steam, turn a generator, and put the
electricity in a car is more efficient than putting petrol or derv directly
into a car. Electricity can also be generated from motion of the car itself,
regenerative breaking, which petrol or derv can't do. Electric cars are
vastly superior to petrol in maintenance costs. They require no
transmissions, no cooling systems, no oil changes, and with periodic battery
replacements, will last forever. Then the ride: smooth, silent, vibration
free. That alone is a great environmental plus.