Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ben

Default Ariston combi boiler

wrote in message
ps.com...

Ben wrote:

Is yours the Microgenus 23MFFI? We had ours installed in July 2003. The
installer told us that it had a one year warranty but the Ariston web
site
indicated that all of their Combi's had a two year warranty. The warranty
in
the box was for one year with the option to extend it by a further three
years. I queried this with Ariston and they said that it must have been
an
old in stock boiler that had been supplied and they sent me a two year
warranty form. I filled that in and took out the extended three year
warranty with Domestic and General. In December of last year a fault
developed the day after the
boiler had its annual service by the local service agent. They came back
and
replaced the pressure relief valve and added the cost of the item to
charge
for the annual service.

Why is it that so many boilers go wrong after 'servicing'?
The discharge valves sometimes don't seat properly after being turned.
I suspect the guy servicing it turned it and caused the problem in the
first place. It can normally be sorted by just turning a few times,
IME.

The earlier boiler went wrong shortly after its last three annual checks, I
don't have a suspicious mind but............ .
Ben.