Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default HW not CH to Bathroom radiator?

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:34:24 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:42:55 -0000, "Vass"
wrote:

Can I use the HW in my bathroom radiator rather than the CH ?
I'd like warm towels all year round
of is the only option to fit an electric rad ?

Well you *could*. The problem would be that the radiator would
corrode rather quickly.

If you put it through one of those ladder type towel warmers they are made
of copper or brass I think.

This idea is not new. Some of the 1930s mansion flats with central
heating (in the very original and precise use of the term), put the DHW
through the towel warmer. I discovered this when trying to change a washer
on a basin tap. Only some of the flow to the bath & basin went through the
towel warmer.

The OP will also introduce a substantial delay to HW arriving at the taps.