John Keeney

Default Helium lifting ability

ff wrote in message
Errol Groff wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:16:09 GMT, ff wrote:

Anyone know offhand without going to too much trouble, what is the ratio
for volume of helium to lbs force against gravity ?

Fred

I am unable to resist.

Anyone know offhand without going to too much trouble, what is the
ratio for volume of helium to lbs force against gravity ?

YES

Thank you for sharing that information :-)

For those who were wondering, I'm not going flying in my lawn chair !!
I have some R/C gear and was contemplating building a small blimp or
dirigible. So I was wondering how large it would have to be to carry
motor, battery,
receiver and servos. Anyone ever tried this or seen one?

Never tried one but have seen numerous examples.
Galliger (sp?, he of smashed water melons) used one in his
act for a while.