Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,uk.d-i-y,sci.engr.lighting
Daniel J. Stern

Default UK question: ES light bulb better than bayonet?

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Victor Roberts wrote:

I haven't seen a Hungarian GE CFL in years. Haven't looked at anything
other than their mass-market consumer line, but it's been at least five
years since I saw any such a lamp made anywhere other than China.

I retired from GE less than 5 years ago and their CFL factory in
Nagykanizsa was very healthy. You may be looking at consumer grade
spiral lamps, which I believe are mostly sourced from China.

Yep, all the spiral lamps, but also the (consumer-market) pin-base units
I've seen in the last 5 years or so have been Chinese.

A lot of really innovative stuff came out of Thorn, as it seems to me.

I agree.

They made what was probably the world's best H4 for awhile there.