Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry

Default Solar

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:34:43 +0000, David Hansen
wrote:

Agreed. That is one of the issues the Sustainable Development
Commission's report on micro generation covered.

Strong on issoooes they are. Short on facts unfortunately. Pity
they don't seem to know what "sustainable" actually means.

One of the long-standing failings of the training of engineers in
the UK is that we tend to have an over-reliance on figures and try
and airily dismiss such "social" arguments.

That's because the "social arguments" are largely nonsense spouted by
agenda driven propagandists who don't have a sustainable argument.

How does importing machines made from materials made in heavily
polluting plants and manufactured by poorly paid, almost slave,
labourers help socially?

How do we reduce carbon emissions by buying vast quantities of
equipment which in their lifetime save far less energy than was
involved in their manufacture?

The "social argument" is one of desperate foolhardiness; save (insert
country here) from Kyoto and screw the world.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/