Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default What kind of insulation

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 01:12:25 GMT, "PipeDown"
wrote:

I want to insulate the bottom of the floor (inside crawlspace). The problem
is the floor joists are nowhere near 16" on center. My single story 1000SF
house is built on a deck like subfloor. It is made up of 4x8 beams running
the length of the house set 4 feet apart with 2x8 tongue and grooved planks
set perpendicular. The result is a thick solid floor with few beams
underneith.

Either staple chickenwire to the bottom of the beams, and stuff
insulation on top of that, or buy canisters of spray-on-foam and
squirt insulation in place.