Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

Default What tool to use to drop a wire down inside a wall to the basement?

"Rick" wrote in message
ink.net...

"mm" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:49:13 GMT, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Rick - thanks for the reply. The problem is that I tried

everything to
make sure I measured the basement distances correctly to

install
a TV
cable, and ended up drillin up through the living room floor

instead of
between the wall surfaces. Admittedly it was close.

You see, the path downstairs to the basement is way away from

this area
and makes it difficult to measure and predict where the wall

is.

You can get long flexable drill bits where you can insert it at

the
hole in

Good idea. They have various lengths, and even if the oP doesn't
need 6fett, it may be worth buying 6 foot for the nextr time.

IIRC
the extra length doesn't cost much.

Except he's not going to be able to use one unless he makes a hole

in
the wall big enough for an outlet box instead of just a thermostat
wire....

But if he can't get it any other way he could use a small one near the
bottom of the wall and drill through the wall and plate. That way he
only has a small hole to fill, not a section of drywall to patch
in....