ff

Default Helium lifting ability

Errol Groff wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:16:09 GMT, ff wrote:

Anyone know offhand without going to too much trouble, what is the ratio
for volume of helium to lbs force against gravity ?

Fred

I am unable to resist.

Anyone know offhand without going to too much trouble, what is the
ratio for volume of helium to lbs force against gravity ?

YES

Thank you for sharing that information :-)

For those who were wondering, I'm not going flying in my lawn chair !!
I have some R/C gear and was contemplating building a small blimp or
dirigible. So I was wondering how large it would have to be to carry
motor, battery,
receiver and servos. Anyone ever tried this or seen one?

Fred