Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dr. Ron

Default Sony PSP Screen Replacement??

Hi there,

I hope that I'm not OT, but no one can answer this...

I'm a netwok engineer who has loads of experience repairing everything
else. My roommate has a USA PSP with a broken screen. Now, if I'm not
mistaken, all PSPs sold in America have a Samsung-made screen.

There is a guy on eBay selling brand new Sharp-made screens for the PSP
for a great price. I know that Sharp was the OEM LCD provider for all
the Japanese PSPs. Am I correct in assuming that the Sharp screen will
be a "drop-in"? I was told the only difference between the units was
their firmware--ie. the American PSP could only play M1 UMD MOVIES, but
the GAMES would play on either a Japanese or USA model.

So question: Can he buy the Sharp screen as a replacement? I can put
it in as long as the pinouts match up with the Samsung!

Thanking you in advance for your help and knowledge.

DoctorRon