Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default crankshaft balance factor

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:04:45 -0800, wrote:

On 28 Nov 2005 14:53:11 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Jordan says...

Doesn't sound, from the original post, that he's likely to find another
part in a salvage yard in India.

A lot of those salvage yards are on the internet, and one can
search their stock online. I suspect he could find one to ship
him the part easier than modifying the original design.

And just exactly what kind of fun is that Jim? I mean no matter which
methodology th' gent chooses to balance it, there will always be
vibratory feedback. No such thing as a perfectly balanced
reciprocating mass. Well, besides that buttered toast strapped onto a
cats ass theory.

Snarl,
You've got it wrong about describing the cat/toast theory. If the
toast is strapped to the cat's ass the cat will end up sitting down
with all four feet on the ground. For perfect balance and levitation
the toast must be strapped to the cat's back. Don't make the mistake
of strapping the buttered side against the cat. This will accelerate
the cat towards the floor and may hurt the cat.
ERS