Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

Default easier dig 2m foundations

On 29 Nov 2005 06:16:10 -0800, wrote:

Anyone know of a method of digging deep foundations easier than
mini-digger in a limited space ?
For example, I need some 2m foundations which is quite deep, liable to
trench collapse, and
is near a deep sewer, may need shuttering etc.
I can imagine digging say the bottom metre using some sort of
hole-digging device / big
corkscrew or whatever, producing what you could call mini-piles. Pour
each hole individually,
allow to set, dig next one etc. I would just need a suitable device.
I'm sure I've seen such a thing
on the back of a tractor. A 2m trench seems deep, but a 2 meter "hole"
does not, particularly. Any thoughts ?
Simon.

If you wanna drill a hole, you put an arger on a digger, tractor,
bobcat etc ....

You can also get hole boorers that are mounted on trailers, and
manhandled into place. Normally used for dirlling wells and the like.

You can also get trenchers, agatn attached to tractors and the like.

You could hire a bunch on Indians, who would do this using tea spoons.
You would have to source the workers direct from a construction site
in Bombay, pay all flights etc ....

Rick