Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

Default HW not CH to Bathroom radiator?

Vass wrote:

"Vass" wrote in message
Can I use the HW in my bathroom radiator rather than the CH ?
I'd like warm towels all year round
of is the only option to fit an electric rad ?

/\
or

You haven't told us enough your system to be able to give a proper answer.

If you have an oldish gravity HW and pumped CH system, you could connect the
bathroom radiator into the HW circuit and it would get hot whenever the
boiler was running.

If you have a more efficient fully pumped S-Plan or Y-Plan system - with
zone valve(s) and a cylinder stat - putting the bathroom rad in the HW
circuit is not very clever because it will only get hot when the HW is
actually being heated - which isn't very often.

In this case, you would do better to connect it after the pump but before
the zone valves. That way, it would get hot whenever the boiler is running -
either for HW or CH or both.
--
Cheers,
Set Square