Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian_m

Default Back boilers now obsolete?

"Mike Gates" wrote in message
Hi,
Had our back boiler/fire serviced today. I was at work, so the wife asked
him about changing the boiler soon, mainly because it is getting old, and
the fire is grossly outdated :-(

He told her that back boilers can no longer be fitted, and are no longer
being produced.

Can any of you good people confirm this? I still see back boilers anf
fires
advertised on the baxi website.

My mate had a new Baxi non-condensing back boiler fitted couple of months
ago, no issues. Fitter ran through list of options, not feasible to fit a
condensing bolier so in went an almost direct equivalent to the 1970's Baxi
Bermuda. Works fine, uses less gas and heats quicker as water is now pumped.

Mind you my boss has just had is condensing boiler (3rd one in 7 years)
replaced with a normal bolier. This is because it is fitted in an out house
(by original builders) and a condensing boiler should have never been fitted
as the condensate pipe freezes, thus flooding the boiler. Luckily all being
done under warranty.