Posted to alt.home.repair
R & S

Default Loud bang to pipes when clothes washer stops filling

Buy a couple of water hammer arrestors. They screw on to the valves and you
don't need to break into the wall.
Water hammer can eventually damage pipes. Don't use the arrestors that are
filled with air, they fail after a short time.

Go to http://www.siouxchief.com/B_Products.cfm and look up mini-arrestors
under water hammer arrestors. They make on especially for washing machines.
Ron

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
Hi:

I have a Maytag Neptune clothes washer, MAH4000AWW that slams /
hammers the water supply lines when it completes the fill portion of
a cycle. I am wondering if the water valve (p/n: 22002795) is going
bad ? Other then the noise the machine fills OK. Thanks

Peter

If it just started doing this, it could be that your have anti-hammer
devices installed and one or more has filled with water. The fix for that
is to turn off the water and open the lowest faucet in the house to drain
the pipes. Once drained, turn the water back on slowly to allow the pipes
to fill, keep all the valves open until water is running out of them.
That may fix it. Newer devices don't need this help.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit