Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young

Default help. sudden stall of lawn mower. gas in oil reservior.

Since the engine has already run five minutes and stopped twice from lack of
lubrication with all the gasoline in the crankcase, much much more damage
has already occurred than would be possible from any possible residual
gasoline in the oil after changing it. Sure can't hurt to change it twice
though. A fuel cutoff is the only preventative, even the electric cutoffs on
the carburetor are subject to leakage.
Don Young
"Bob" wrote in message
. ..

"Rich256" wrote in message

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Your float is stuck, rebuild the carb and flush out the

gas by having 2
oil changes, dont run it it is now lubbed by gas, take

out the plug and
crank it likely its full of gas too. if you still want

to mow keep the
gas shutoff till you are ready to run it, but change the

oil, run it 1
minute and change it again. Stop after a few minutes to

see if oil level
is going up, if it is just stop for the year. It should

only happen ,
the flooding, when the motor is stopped, but running

with diluted oil
will kill a motor.

Why change oil more than once? I can't see that the tiny

amount left could
do any damage. It will evaporate within seconds.

Personally, I would do the change it twice thing. Oil is
cheap, engines are not. Any gas is going to change the
chemistry of the oil.

Bob