Posted to rec.woodworking
rivahrebel

Default Fire/smooke detection in the shop

My alarm system installers and designers agreed that smoke detectors would
not be in their best environment in my shop so they utilized a heat detector
that would alert me to any potential fire problem. So far the system has
worked fine. Recently I had to work on some Coleman lanterns and they gave
off quite a bit of smoke; was glad I didn't have a smoke detector installed
so I guess it also would depend on what type of thing you do in your shop.
My 2 cents!

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
What are the recommendations for smoke/heat detectors to detect fire in a
shop? Won't standard smoke detectors collect a lot of dust and
malfunction?

Ideally, I would interconnect the detectors in the shop with the ones in
the house so I know about a fire when I am not out there.

Brian Elfert

Caveat to Yankee carpetbaggers:

If you do settle in the South and bear children, don't think we will accept
them as Southerners. After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we
wouldn't call 'em biscuits.